Fall is my favorite season of the year. That chill in the air tells us it’s time to turn off the AC and put on a sweater. I love decorating for fall, but most of all, I love cooking for fall. This is a new recipe that I have tried and have really enjoyed. Even my husband enjoyed it (okay, I may not have told him there was protein in them), but regardless- he ate them! That’s a success in my book.
I hope you enjoy them too!
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1T ground cinnamon
1tsp. ground nutmeg
3 egg whites
3/4 cup canned 100% pumpkin puree
3/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt (I am lactose intolerant, so I used almond milk lite instead)
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
2T packed brown sugar (may also use Splenda brown sugar)
2tsp. vanilla extract
1. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg until well combined.
2. In a second bowl, whip the egg whites until blended. Add the pumpkin, brown sugar, and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
3. Pour wet ingredients over dry. Stir together gently until combined and smooth. Do not overmix.
4. Coat skillet with spray, and preheat to medium heat. Ladle about 1/4 cup of batter onto griddle. (The batter was a little thick so I added more milk to thin it out.)
5. Heat both sides, top with fruit or your favorite (healthy) toppings and Enjoy!
*Recipe from Joy Bauer Slim & Scrumptious